When I was living in Ithaca, my roommate, Alex, showed me this quick, but different way to have corn on the cob. She baked it! Lightly brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper, this is a perfect side. This is also great to make ahead of time. You can cut the corn off the cob and freeze it for salads, stir fry, pasta, a standalone side, salsa . . . So brilliant that I can’t believe I never thought to roast corn in the oven. Plus, Oven-Roasted Corn turns out to be quite tender and full of flavor!
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 4 ears of corn, husked and cleaned
- 1 T light olive oil
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Aluminum foil
- Pastry brush
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Section off four pieces of foil, large enough to wrap each ear of corn. Place each on its own piece of foil.
- Lightly brush the ears of corn with olive oil using a pastry brush and dust with salt.
- Add black pepper (optional — I usually do two with and two without).
- Wrap up each piece of corn in its respective piece of foil. Bake for about 30 min or until the corn is tender.
- Let cool and enjoy!