Ok, I have a confession. I stole this recipe from my mom because it was that good. This Arugula Potato “Salad” was entirely her idea, but it was too good not to share! A perfect side for one of those last BBQs or a hot day in September before summer truly ends. This is exactly what you need when you want all the fixings of a potato salad without all the mayo and additives. This salad would pair quite well with fish, chicken, burgers, ribs, steak — anything you’d serve for a classic BBQ or even an untraditional BBQ, like one with veggie or black bean burgers. You’ll definitely want seconds of this arugula potato salad and hope you leave enough for leftovers!
Ingredients (serves about 6).
For the Salad:
- 1½ lb baby red potatoes, washed with skin on
- 1½ c fresh haricot verts (or green beans)
- 2 ears corn on the cob with the corn sliced off the cob
- ½ c fresh Italian parsley, washed and chopped
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 c arugula, washed
- 3 c baby romaine, washed
For the Dressing:
- 4 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c and 1 T light olive oil
- 1 t pressed garlic (or 1/4 t garlic powder)
- Fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Quarter red potatoes (with skin on) and boil until tender.
- Place haricot vert into boiling water with potatoes. Blanche haircot vert for about 5 min.
- Drain all the potato and haricot mixture. Place vegetables back into original pot on hot burner to cook off any excess water. Remove from heat.
- Mix in green onion, fresh parsley, and corn to potatoes and haricot vert mixture.
- In a large salad bowl, place arugula and baby romaine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing.
- Add 2 T of the dressing to the salad greens. Mix well. Then, create a “well” in the middle of the greens to place the potato mixture.
- Add remaining dressing to potato mixture and toss well. Spoon potato mixture into the middle of the salad greens.
- Serve and enjoy!