Our family friend, Vin, showed my mom this idea for sautéing cannellini beans. Naturally, she brought it home and introduced it into our dinner repertoire, and I had to try this idea for sautéing cannellini beans. Here’s my take of Rosemary Cannellini Beans with Sautéed Spinach. It’s quick, easy and most importantly, delicious. It’s a great cold-weather side, as we transition into fall (or great in the warm weather too, especially next to something grilled). The rosemary and fresh baby spinach add flavor and greens to your meal, while the white beans add some heartiness and protein.
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 1-2 t light olive oil
- 1/2 t minced garlic
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 c baby spinach, loosely packed
- Dried or fresh rosemary to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok or large pan, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Add beans and rosemary. Sauté until beans become brown or appear slightly dehydrated.
- Then add baby spinach and sauté until spinach becomes slightly wilted.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!