Sometimes during the cold weather transitions, we need something to remind us of warmer days. I made this Strawberry, Pear & Cucumber Smoothie after a run today and it was absolutely refreshingly delicious. I had too many ripe pears sitting on my counter, begging to be used. They possess such a juicy sweetness that their addition to a smoothie like the only logical next step. And what a perfect smoothie they made! Throw in frozen strawberries, a cucumber and some ice and oh, it’s like I’m back in summer days, and not this dreary, rainy weather.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 pear, washed
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- 2-3 inch piece of a small cucumber
- 2-3 ice cubes
- About 2 T water (or almond milk of choice for a creamier consistency)
- Core pear and leave skin on. Cut pear into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Peel cucumber section and remove seeds. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor, but add water sparingly. Blend until smooth. Continue adding water until desired consistency is created.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!