This take on a Moscow mule goes down too easy. Mmmm, it’s that good. While not entirely nutritious, it is quite delicious. No sugary syrups, just local apple cider and fresh lime juice to add to the mix. I also opted for a diet ginger beer. The ginger is a refreshing diversion from a standard cocktail. (Plus, the copper mugs are just so retro and modern all at once, and they keep your drink perfectly chilled. You’ll want an excuse to pull them out next.) Our family friends were graciously taste-testers, when I debuted this drink, and it was an instant hit. So take a sip for Halloween once it hits 5 o’clock on Friday and enjoy that Apple Cider Moscow Mule. Cheers!
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/8 c (2 oz) ginger vodka *
- 1/4 c (4 oz) diet ginger beer (or regular — depends on preference)
- 1/8 c (2 oz) apple cider
- 1 lime wedge
- Cinnamon stick or cinnamon (optional)
- Apple wedge (optional)
* NOTE: omit the ginger vodka for a tasty mocktail. You can also use just plain, unflavored vodka.
- Fill copper mug (or rocks glass) with ice.
- Pour vodka, apple cider and ginger beer over the ice.
- Squeeze the juice from one lime wedge into the drink. Stir with cinnamon stick (optional).
- Garnish with an apple wedge and/or cinnamon stick.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!