Oh, man — I’ve done it again: two ingredient Pumpkin Brownies. Just a brownie mix and pumpkin purée. Can it get any better than that? These brownies can satisfy your pumpkin and chocolate cravings, and maintain that fall craze surrounding everything pumpkin. Like the Black Bean Brownies, the pumpkin purée replaces the eggs, oil and water making the brownies quite dense, moist and chocolatey. You can serve the pumpkin brownies to any adventurous friends or to someone, who may have refused to try any brownies containing the word “beans” (which when written, doesn’t seem that unreasonable); these pumpkin brownies could slowly open the door to healthier, yet delicious brownie options with real pumpkin mixed in. I hope you, your friends or anyone else all enjoy these decadent pumpkin brownies!
Ingredients (makes about 20 brownies).
- 1 brownie mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin purée
- 2-3 t pumpkin pie spice (optional, but add if you really want that “pumpkin” flavor!)
- 1 c milk chocolate chips, like Ghirardelli (optional)
- Preheat oven according to brownie package’s directions. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Combine the brownie mix and the pumpkin purée. Do NOT add water, eggs and oil! The pumpkin puree takes the place of ALL those ingredients!
- Mix until brownie mix and pumpkin purée are well combined and a batter forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips (optional — I just add extra chocolate chips to any brownie recipe just because I like chocolate that much :) You can also add as little as you want or substitute dried fruit like cherries or nuts instead of chocolate chips.)
- Transfer batter to the greased baking pan.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before cutting into brownies.
- Serve warm and enjoy!