Ok, I’ve still been on a pumpkin kick well into November. I’ve made banana ice cream before (frozen bananas blended with unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of choice, also affectionately known as “nana ice cream”), but I saw this version on Instagram and just had to try it. I don’t have a high-powered blender, and since there weren’t enough ingredients to make in the food processor, I used a Magic Bullet. The ice cream had the consistency of frozen yogurt, but maintained all the natural sweetness from the bananas and pumpkin pie spice flavors. I had this as a lighter dessert or a much-needed afternoon treat when studying. So have a healthy and natural option for ice cream, as well as a delicious dessert.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 frozen banana, cut into 1 inch pieces *
- 1-2 T pumpkin puree (depending how much you want)
- about 2 T unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
* NOTE: if not using a high-powered blender or food processor, let the bananas thaw slightly before blending.
- Combine all frozen banana pieces, 1 T pumpkin puree, 1/2 T milk, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender or food processor. Add almond milk 1/2 T to 1 T at a time to ensure the ice cream doesn’t become too liquified.
- Taste test the ice cream. You can always add more pumpkin if desired.
- Continue adding almond milk until “ice cream” is blended and the consistency of soft serve or frozen yogurt.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!
- Dark chocolate or carob chips
- Pomegranate seeds
- Enjoy plain!