Ein Liebster literally translates to most loved, but also means darling, beloved or a sign of affection for a significant other. I think this is a sign; I was a German major in under-grad after all. Ich liebe oder I love that this originates by bloggers and is for bloggers to discover new/other blogs. The Liebster Award is like a brilliant version of paying-it-forward, and I’m absolutely honored to be nominated by Joie de Vivre and Cupcakes. Also a fun change from writing about food! I quite enjoy this idea. Can’t wait to find some new inspiration :)
Questions from Joie de Vivre and Cupcakes.
1. What was your first blog post about? A welcome post of course, but my first true blog post was about a lightened up Kale Ceasar Salad, using a nonfat Greek Yogurt dressing I found on The Forest Feast.
2. Your first thought when you wake up? Are you sure that’s my alarm?
3. How many pancakes you can eat in one meal? Oh, that’s a dangerous question, but I have been known to clear a plate of three large pancakes topped with blueberries, strawberries and powdered sugar…
4. Tea or coffee? Mmmm, coffee in the morning, but tea after dinner. I can’t not have a cup of hazelnut coffee or an espresso every morning when I wake up. Finish the night with some herbal, non-caffeinated tea.
5. What is your favorite food? Some would argue my favorite food is popcorn — others, ice cream.
6. Morning or night person? Both, but probably morning.
7. Your favorite place on earth? That’s a tough call between being up in the mountains skiing or on the rocky Maine coast at my grandma’s house in the summer as a kid. TBA.
8. What were you doing an hour ago before answering these questions? At my parents’ house welcoming our good family friends back to Maine after a hiatus down south. I made the Lemon Cranberry Cookies for dessert and the Bang Bang Cauliflower as an app (recipes soon to come!). My mom made a one-pot sausage and seafood stew. It was delicious.
9. Do you like watching TV shows about cooking and baking? Um YES! The Food Network is my newly discovered best friend. I love Chopped. What people come up with is absolutely brilliant (most of the time).
10. Peanut butter: love or hate? (silly question, I know). This is actually perfect. I would describe my relationship with peanut butter as exactly a love/hate one. Sometimes, you just have to be in the mood for something…
11. Favorite quote from song & why? I can’t even pick a favorite song, let alone lyrics. It’s so hard!
Eleven random facts about me.
- I have a fat cat named Macy (see below as Macy helps me find a ripe pomegranate).
- I’d rather be cold than hot.
- I want to run a Disney marathon.
- I knit scarves and hats and mittens.
- Sometimes, I wish I lived in a Jane Austen novel because I think the clothes would be so intriguing.
- Wegman’s may be deciding factor where I move next.
- Once, I was hypnotized.
- I like classical music.
- I’m obsessed with all things neutral, nautical and simple.
- I like all hues of blue.
- This is definitely the most I’ve ever written for a post :)
- The Seasonal Veg Head
- A Healthy Nut
- The Friendly Fig
- The Happy Health Freak
- Plant Strong Vegan
- It’s a Veg World After All
- The Little Library Café
For those of you nominated, congrats! I love following your posts. Have fun answering the following questions :)
- In a pinch, what’s your favorite meal?
- Red or white wine? Or no wine?
- Vanilla or chocolate?
- Cat person or dog person?
- Best meal you’ve ever had?
- Next travel plans.
- Favorite novel.
- Winter or summer?
- Pizza or sandwich?
- Follow the recipe or improvise?
- Do you eat dessert first?
Your job is to answer these questions in a blog post and spread die Liebe!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget.” (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you (see the questions above).
4. Next, provide 11 random facts about yourself (see above notation).
5. Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer (see mine above!)
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it. (They might not have ever heard of it!)