Another tasty take on a Moscow mule — a (Christmas) Cranberry Moscow Mule. The copper mugs are just so fun, they’re begging to be used after making the lovely Apple Cider Moscow Mules. A splash of diet ginger beer and cranberry juice give the classic drink a balance between spice and tart. Omit the vodka for a tasty mocktail. If you’re feeling exceptionally festive, garnish with fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary. While Christmas has passed, at least you have another option to ring in the New Year. Cheers!
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 shot (1.5 oz) of ginger vodka
- 1/4 c (2 oz) no sugar added cranberry juice
- 1/4 c (2 oz) diet ginger beer
- 1 shot (1.5 oz) of simple syrup (directions below)
- Juice from 1 lime wedge
- Whole cranberries to garnish
- Sprig of rosemary to garnish
- Fill a rocks glass or copper mug with ice.
- Pour the shot of ginger vodka (or regular if that’s what you have), cranberry juice, ginger beer and simple syrup over the ice. Add juice from one lime and leave the lime wedge in the drink.
- Garnish with 3-4 whole cranberries and a sprig of rosemary (both optional).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
For the simple syrup:
Ingredients (makes 2 c).
- 1 c agave nectar
- 1 c water
- Combine equal parts of agave nectar and water. Bring to a boil and stir until agave is dissolved. Cool before using.
- Store in a fridge for up to one month.