These Vanilla Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies taste like cake. Scratch that. Better than cake because they’re bite size. They’re super dense without losing any of the flavor of traditional chocolate chips. With the addition of vanilla Greek yogurt, I almost like them more. I tried to lighten up your classic cookie with egg whites, powdered sugar plus coconut sugar and non-fat Greek yogurt instead of butter. They might not be the prettiest cookies, but boy, are they delicious!
Ingredients (makes about 36 medium-sized cookies).
- 2½ c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 t Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 c powdered sugar *
- 1/2 c coconut sugar *
- 3/4 c non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (depending on how many you’d like)
* NOTE: if you don’t have coconut sugar, you can use 1½ c powdered sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets — this is important! The dough is super sticky. (You can also put down foil and grease the foil with cooking/baking spray.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk vanilla extract, yogurt and egg whites. Add in powdered and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon. The dough will be really sticky! Fold in desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Add dough to greased cookie sheet drop-wise. The cookies don’t spread out, so don’t worry if the dough is close.
- Bake for 8-10 min or until cookies are solid.
- Let cool on a wire rack.