Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! A breakfast, a snack or dessert, this Strawberry Almond Toast is obviously simple, but a sweet addition. Also, the red just seemed like an appropriate theme and start to my day. I’ve always found peanut butter to be overpowering, so I wanted to give almond butter a try. I know, I know — who doesn’t like peanut butter? I’ve never been peanut butter’s biggest fan. Almond butter though is an entirely different story. Smooth, creamy, mildly flavored. Slathered across a warm and hearty piece of multigrain toast, topped with fresh strawberries and this toast is the perfect breakfast or snack on a seeing red kind of day.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1-2 large strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1-2 T almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 piece of multigrain toast of choice
- Cinnamon or cinnamon sugar to sprinkle (optional)
- Toast the piece of bread. While toasting, thinly slice the strawberries.
- Spread 1-2 T of almond butter on the freshly toasted bread. Top with thinly sliced strawberries. Lightly dust with cinnamon (optional).