I haven’t made granola in a while, but having a snow day during my second week of work with nothing to do, this sounded like my best option. Plus, I’d have a delicious snack come the rest of the week. I went to Trader Joe’s for the first time and found dried peaches when I was looking for mangoes. They’re so delicious. I also had pistachios from the move and naturally White Peach & Pistachio Granola evolved. Toss in some nutmeg and viola! The perfect cold weather snack.
Ingredients (serves 8).
- 1 c old-fashioned oats
- 1 c steel-cut oats
- 2 T chia seeds (optional)
- 1/3 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c whole pistachios, preferably raw/not salted
- 1/4 to 1/2 t nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c light agave nectar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 4-6 dried white peaches slices, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 c reduced sugar craisins
- Preheat oven to 275° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (preferred) or foil. Lightly spray with a vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sunflower seeds, pistachios, sea salt, chia seeds (optional) and nutmeg. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together agave, water, canola oil and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix well to ensure that the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour the oat mixture onto the lightly greased baking sheet and spread mixture out in an even layer.
- Bake for about 40-45 min. Flip the mixture so all sides of the granola can evenly bake. Continue baking for 30-40 min. or until the granola is uniformly crisp.
- Stir in peaches or other dried fruit. Transfer to a covered container to store.