Oh my goodness. I just died a little. Chocolate-Covered Katie is brilliant. Brilliant, I tell you. You could double this or triple it and it would still be healthier than a muffin from Starbucks or Dunkin. I can’t wait to try out other quick mug recipes — blueberry, cinnamon, pistachio? I tested this for dessert in honor of National Banana Bread Day on Monday. (Who knew that was even a thing?) Banana Bread in a Mug, you’re my new favorite thing.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 3 T whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 1/4 t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- “Shake” of cinnamon
- 1 t agave nectar
- 5 t water
- 1/4 to 1/3 of a ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts to top (optional)
- Cinnamon sugar to top (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk dry ingredients together (flour through cinnamon).
- Fold in agave to vanilla and mix well.
- Grease a microwavable mug or a small microwavable bowl. Transfer batter into bowl. Top with chopped walnuts and cinnamon sugar (both optional).
- Microwave on high for 2-3 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean. It will be really hot! Allow the bread to cool in the mug or use a butter knife to pop the bread out to cool faster.