In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I thought I’d share a favorite over at Moosewood in Ithaca, NY. The few times I went there, I tried their “house” dressing and never once strayed from my selection. My mom bought me one of their cookbooks to remember my time at Cornell and of course it had the recipe for their famous green dressing. The Creamy Basil & Spinach Dressing doesn’t taste “green” at all and is bursting with flavor. Go ahead and give this favorite a try, and I promise you won’t be making a change any time soon.
Ingredients (makes 1 c).
- 1 c baby spinach, washed and loosely packed
- 1/2 c fresh basil, washed and loosely packed
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c unsweetened plain almond milk or milk of choice *
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 3 T neutral oil
- 1/8 t salt
- Cracked black pepper
* NOTE: if you want an even creamier option, use nonfat Greek yogurt or an avocado in place of or addition to. I haven’t tried this and cannot vouch for the results, but it’s on my to do list next time I make this.
- Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour generous spoonfuls over salad of choice.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
- Serve over your favorite salad and enjoy!