Who says you can’t celebrate spring? But then again, it’s snowing in Boston today. Ironically enough, my roommate writes for Insane for Drinks, and she posted about Captain Morgan‘s new flavored rums: coconut, pineapple and grapefruit. By flavored, I mean they smell like fresh juice (and taste like it!); they’re beyond delicious. With two mojitos ideas to come, try Coconut Rum with Basil & Strawberries in the meantime. I used coconut water for a healthier mixer and the use of fresh fruit and herbs makes it oh-so-refreshing. Your tastebuds will thank you.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 shot (1.5 oz) of Malibu Coconut rum
- 1/4 c coconut water
- 2-3 strawberries, washed and hulled
- 4-6 basil leaves
- In the bottom of a rocks or stemless wine glass, muddle basil and strawberries.
- Add ice.
- Pour 1 shot of coconut rum and then coconut water over ice. Stir.
- Sip immediately and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Leap into Spring with this Tropical Coconut Cocktail”
Yum! This sounds amazing and perfect for spring!
Just finished my taste-tester and I think I need another — it’s delish!
LikeLiked by 1 person