I haven’t made a stir fry in a long time, and this Vegetable Cashew Stir Fry sure didn’t disappoint. Obviously I found this on Pinterest, but I really liked the idea of serving this over rice noodles instead of rice. I have so many rice noodles left over and begging to be used after making the No Fish Sauce Pad Thai and Pho Soup. To make it easy, I used vegetables already cut and combined from Whole Foods and added red pepper, edamame and cashews to the mix. You can easy opt out of a Meatless Monday dish and add in beef, chicken or shrimp; tofu would even work well here — keep it meatless! You’d be amazed at how quickly this came together and how easy it is to have fresh stir fry for dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4).
For the Sauce: *
- 1/8 c water
- 2-3 t sriracha — depends how much of a kick you want!
- 1 T light olive oil
- 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 T sweet red chili sauce
- 1/4 t honey (or agave or sweetener or choice)
- 1 T rice vinegar
* NOTE: to be completely honest, I dumped some ingredients together, and it tasted amazing! The amounts are not exact, but estimates of what I did.
For the Stir Fry:
- 1-2 t light olive oil
- 1/2 t minced garlic
- 8 oz. rice noodles (you can also use brown rice instead)
- 1 package frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots (or something similar or fresh)
- 1 red pepper, washed and stem removed
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 c cashews, dry roasted and unsalted
- 1/3 c edamame, shelled and cooked
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, thaw frozen vegetables according to package directions. While thawing, chop red pepper into large chunks. Set aside.
- Whisk together the ingredients for sauce. Set aside.
- Heat light olive oil and minced garlic over medium heat. Add mixed vegetables, red pepper chunks, garlic powder and ground ginger. Sauté for about 2-3 min.
- Add sauce, cashews, and edamame. Allow mixture to simmer for about 5 min.
- Plate rice noodles and then top with the cashew vegetable mixture.
- Serve hot and enjoy!