After making the German Chocolate “Cake” Overnight Chia Oats, preparing oats of some sort the night before has become a staple for breakfast. It’s really easy to make, great for a work week, and has maximal taste for minimal effort. I’ve been waiting for the right time to make Poached Berries again — rich in color, full of flavor and just simply fruit and sweetener if needed. I added some of Aloha‘s The Daily Good Berry Blend; it has two servings of fruits and vegetables in one packet from 14 superfoods (wow!). Clearly their Berry Blend was the match to my poached berries. Throw in the overnight oats and we have ourselves a winner: Berry Good Overnight Oats.
Ingredients (makes 2 breakfast bowls; about 8 servings of poached berries).
For the Overnight Oats:
- 1 c old-fashioned oats
- 2 T chia seeds
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Fresh berries to garnish
For the Poached Berries:
- 1 10 oz. bag of mixed berries, frozen (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries & blueberries — or a mixture)
- 1 T agave nectar or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1 packet of Aloha‘s The Daily Good Berry Blend
Please Note: I have received products from Aloha in the past. I only post recipes with their products that I have made and loved myself.
- In a mason jar or resealable container, mix oats, chia seeds and vanilla. Seal and shake to mix. Pour almond milk to the top of jar. Seal again and shake to mix. Store in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- Follow directions for poached berries. Once removed from heat, stir in packets of Daily Good Berry Blend. Let cool and transfer to resealable container. Store in fridge.
- In a bowl, jar or glass, layer overnight oats and poached berries.
- Add more sweetener to taste (if needed) and top with fresh berries.