I used to make salads all the time last year and they always involved fresh mozzarella, avocado and some sort of fruit. Usually over spinach, toss in some walnuts or almonds and add some chicken or turkey. This salad needed less; it needed to be simple and basic, but not in taste. I wanted a spin on a caprese-like salad but chopped and easy to eat. Fresh ingredients prepared in an obvious way creates the Spring Avocado & Cucumber Salad.
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 1 medium cucumber, washed
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 package blueberries, washed
- Fresh mozzarella
- 1 T light olive oil
- 2 t white balsamic
- Black pepper to taste
- Arugula (optional)
- Cut all washed fruit into large chunks. Combine in a large bowl.
- Cube avocado and scoop out with a spoon. Cut mozzarella into small pieces. Add both to bowl. Mix well.
- Top with olive oil and balsamic. Add freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve as is (pictured) or over arugula (also delicious!).