I just came back from a long weekend on Sanibel Island in Florida. Known for its abundance of shells, Sanibel was a much needed breath of warm weather after the snowiest (and one of the coldest) winters in Boston. I met my parents and family friends there, and my mom had bought honey mangos for the stay. They’re deliciously sweet and rich in vitamin C. The mangos was just begging to be transformed in a smoothie. Given most days were muggy and in the high 80’s, low 90’s, it was only fitting to make a Mango Banana “Green” Smoothie. Bananas, strawberries, spinach and a dose of Aloha‘s 14 superfoods, this smoothies was better than expected. One sip and hopefully you’ll channel some beach vibes like the pictures below of Sanibel and be transported to your own tropical paradise.
The boardwalk to the beach.
The loot: shells from the beach on Sanibel.
Mango Banana “Green” Smoothie
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 a honey mango, peeled
- 1 banana
- 4-5 strawberries, washed & hulled
- Handful baby spinach
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or water works too)
- 1/2 packet of Aloha‘s Daily Good Greens
Please Note: I have received products from Aloha in the past. I only post recipes with their products that I have made and loved myself.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add almond milk (or water) as needed to help blend or depending on your desired consistency; less for thick, more for a thinner consistency.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!