Celebrating Memorial Day Weekend with some Raspberry Lime Rickeys with Hendrick’s. Seen in Cooking Light, I just had to try these. My roommate, Perin, and I wholeheartedly approved of these adult slushies. The flavors of the tart, but sweet raspberries with fresh lime juice paired perfectly with Hendrick’s cucumber gin; they’re completely refreshing. I may even have to keep from frozen raspberries and lime juice on hand to enjoy as a warm-weather mocktail.
(Just in case you want more boozy drink ideas, BuzzFeed has a list of “29 Boozy Slushies That Are Worth the Brain Freeze.”)
Ingredients (serves 6).
- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen raspberries
- 6-8 oz. Hendrick’s gin (optional — omit completely or substitute another)
- 2 c seltzer or sparkling water
- 6 T (or 1/4 + 1/8 c) fresh lime juice
- 2-3 T agave nectar
- 2 c ice
- 6 lime wedges to garnish
- In a blender, combine raspberries, seltzer, lime juice, agave, ice and gin (optional). Blend until smooth.
- I suggest adding 6 oz of gin and then more the tablespoon until you achieve your desired strength.
- Evenly divide the drinks into six glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Enjoy immediately!