With the unseasonably warm weather during the end of May here in Boston, this take on the overnight oats was a no brainer: peaches and almond. When I was little, the minute peach season rolled around, my mom would serve Almond Peaches for dessert, as a side for dinner, as a snack . . . you get the idea. Why not for breakfast? The almond extract perfectly balances with the peaches and almond milk. Hence, Almond Peach Overnight Oats were developed. To make it even better, I think i’ll toss in slivered almonds next time I make it for a crunch, but I promise, it’s perfectly balanced as is.
Ingredients (serves 2).
- 1 c old-fashioned oats
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk or choice
- 2 small very ripe peaches, washed and cubed
- In a mason jar or resealable container, mix oats and chia seeds. Seal and shake to mix. Add almond extract and pour almond milk to the top of jar. Seal again and shake to mix. Store in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- In a bowl, jar or glass, layer overnight oats and peaches.
- Add more almond milk (if needed) and top with fresh peaches.
If you like overnight oats, try:
- Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl
- German Chocolate “Cake”
- Berry Good Overnight Oats
- Mango Ginger Overnight Oats