So if you haven’t noticed in the last year, I’ve moved: first Ithaca, then Maine and now Boston. Here’s a working list of places I’ve found and may or may not have frequented. From drinks to flatbreads to baked goods and salads, I would definitely go back to all the ones listed below. Also to come is a post on how Fenway has begun its own rooftop garden full of veggies and herbs to use in their stadium throughout the season. Can’t wait to do some more exploring and find new spots! Have fun Exploring Boston.
- Brown Sugar Cafe: ok it’s in Brookline, but it was some of the best Thai food I’ve had in a while; amazingly fresh because they use fresh over dried herbs; beyond in love with their fresh rolls (see below)
- Clover Food Truck: I had lunch here working at BIDMC one summer; vegetarian; fresh ingredients, innovative (cinnamon lemonade or chickpea fritter) & deliciously different food; the place that introduced me to a falafel
- Figs: fantastic flatbreads (such as the Spicy Chicken Sausage or the Bianco) & great salads (like the kale, white bean and mozzarella with a red wine vinaigrette) — need I say more?
- Finagle a Bagel: delicious breakfast options, bagels, soups & sandwiches; they use local vendors for meat & veggies, bake their own bagels, whip up their own cream cheese & use whole foods/ingredients
- Flour: a bakery with new takes on classics and delicious soups, sandwiches, pizza & quiche in savory combos using local ingredients; easily layout gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free options; also a cookbook on how to bake with less sugar
- more mouth-watering baked good on their Instagram account
- Harpoon Brewery: so it may not be “healthy” but it’s definitely worth going to one of their three bigs fests for the atmosphere
- “love beer & love life” with them and check out their Instagram
- Legal Seafood: the place for seafood in Boston; they’re committed to sustainable fishing & their food isn’t half bad either
- Pressed: A bit pricey for what they offer, but the concept is still refreshing — clean, healthy eating from their plant-based menus of smoothies, juices (like Orange Carrot & Nectarine — see below), unique popsicles & salads
- see their Instagram account here for more colorful photos
- The Tip Tap Room: so many beers on tap (about 35 with another 35+ bottled) to accompany their many, unique tips on dishes; loved the burrata with arugula, rhubarb & radish or their Mean-Eyed Cat Margarita (spicy tequila with cucumber & pomegranate)
- Whole Foods: might sound like a crazy “recommendation,” but like I found a Wegman’s in Ithaca, I found Whole Foods in Boston; love their smoothies, salads, sushi & different dinner options like barbecue tempeh or sesame tofu
If you have any recommendations or favorite places, I’d love to discover some more favorites!
Game at Fenway in May.
Beacon Hill in bloom in April.
The Prudential lit up amongst all the winter snow in February.
View from my roof as the sun sets over the Charles & Cambridge.
The hope for spring.
The Charles after the Long Thaw.