If only I could use iPhone emojis because it would just be a string of the heart eyes emoji for my pseudo-dinner on Monday. While I went to Whole Foods for groceries and walked away with a veggie sushi dinner (it was on sale and Meatless Monday…), I was dreaming of making a Ginger Chicken Quinoa Bowl the whole time I was shopping. I already had carrots, avocado, cucumber and cilantro. I bought a rotisserie chicken before and had to use that up. Plus, I like having my Ginger Miso Dressing on hand for quick salads. What did I need? Some ginger and quinoa. Obviously some sriracha. Let’s not kid about the sriracha. It makes everything look and taste better. This was the bets lunch. Fresh and flavorful. Probably my two favorite words when it comes to food. (See why I need that heart eyes emoji? It just explains this quinoa bowl so well.)
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 1 c quinoa, dry and rinsed
- 1 large cucumber, washed and chopped
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 2 c rotisserie chicken, no salt added and meat picked off
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 T of Ginger Miso Dressing (or more/less to taste)
- Sriracha to taste (optional)
- Pickled sushi ginger to garnish
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Chopped cashews to garnish
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool. Between four bowls, evenly divide quinoa.
- Plate cucumbers chunks, avocado slices, shredded carrots and chicken (serve hot or cold).
- Spoon 1 T of the ginger miso dressing per bowl. You can add more dressing if needed, but the natural flavors from the ginger/cilantro and spiciness from the sriracha should take over too.
- Drizzle sriracha and top with chopped cashews and fresh cilantro.
4 thoughts on “Deliciously Clean (Eating) Quinoa Ginger Chicken Bowls”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! It hit the spot :)