Summertime means sangria time. I made this on a pure whim with my friend, Steph. It was a hot Saturday night, and we’re like what sounds cool and refreshing? Sangria does obviously. We made the sans vodka and the chardonnay version, but both combinations have been quite delicious. The fresh fruit is always a fun plus, and I played with citrus and stone fruit. The added bonus? You can eat the boozy peaches slices (because let’s assume you don’t want to lemon slice to munch on). Happy Thirsty Thursday! Have fun celebrating with White Peach & Lemon Sangria.
Ingredients (makes about 5 glasses*).
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or white wine (a non-oaky chardonnay works well too)
- 4 shots (1.5 oz) of lemon vodka, like Deep Eddy’s Lemon Vodka (completely optional!)
- 2 cans Fresca
- 1 white peach, washed
- 1 lemon
* NOTE: If making to entertain, I would highly recommend making a double batch.
- Using an infusing pitcher or just a regular pitcher, chop the peach and lemon into small chunks or cubes. Layer in the infusing pitcher or just toss loose into a regular pitcher.
- Combine fresco, Prosecco, and lemon vodka (optional!) to the pitcher. Mix and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- When chilled and ready to serve, pour over ice.
- Sip and enjoy!