I’ve been dying to make some granola lately. ‘Tis this season and the aromas perforated my kitchen and spelled oh-so-heavenly. More specifically, I’ve been dying to make some Pumpkin Spice Granola. I have big plans for tho granola. I may or may not be resurrecting my yogurt breakfast parfaits to showcase some autumn twists. I’m thinking sweetly spiced pumpkin, some vanilla Greek yogurt and this pumpkin spice granola would go nicely together . . .
Ingredients (serves 8).
- 1½ c old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c steel cut oats
- 1/4 c walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice, heaping
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 c agave nectar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 T neutral oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 c dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1/4 c dried apple slices, chopped
- Preheat oven to 275° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (preferred) or foil. If using foil, lightly spray with a vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats through salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together agave, water, canola oil and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix well to ensure that the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the lightly greased baking sheet and spread mixture out in an even layer.
- Bake for about 40-45 min. Flip the granola so all sides of the granola can evenly bake. Continue baking for 30-40 min. or until the granola is uniformly crisp.
- Remove from oven and stir in cranberries, apples or other dried fruit. Transfer to a covered container and let cool uncovered.
- Store covered and enjoy!