In the wise words of my roommate, Dee, “Kiss fall goodbye because winter is coming, ya betches.” Apparently it’s crucial I post this Pumpkin Pie Parfait recipe in case we get some early snow to dash our fall dreams. Pumpkin Spice Granola over a sweetly, spiced pumpkin layer and vanilla yogurt of choice. (Do I sense a vanilla frozen yogurt could be a substitute?) As breakfast or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, this parfait is going to make you wish you stumbled upon it sooner.
Ingredients (serves 1 as breakfast or 2 for as a snack).
For the Pumpkin Layer (serves 4):
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin purée
- 2 T agave nectar or more or less to taste
- 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
For the Parfait:
- 1/4 c pumpkin layer
- 1/2 c vanilla yogurt of choice
- 1/4 c pumpkin spice granola
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the pumpkin layer. Depending how sweet or spice you want this, add more or less agave and pumpkin pie spice to taste.
- In a bowl or glass, layer yogurt, pumpkin layer and granola. Repeat.
- Serve and enjoy!