The holidays are upon us. This time of year calls for office parties, friends gathering and holiday happy hours. To match the festive occasion, try dressing up your classic G&T this season. Citrus is at its peak and rosemary has that hearty evergreen essence. (The fresh rosemary used came from Perin’s herb garden still thriving somehow outside our window.) Add the two together for a Rosemary Grapefruit Gin & Tonic. I made these on a whim for roommates on Friday and we all gave these a sure nod of approval. Cheers!
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 shot (1.5 oz) gin of choice, like Tanquery’s Rangpur
- Ice cubes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 grapefruit
- Tonic to top
- Fill a rocks glass to the top with ice.
- Squeeze the fresh grapefruit juice on top of the ice.
- Pour gin over the ice and grapefruit juice and top off with tonic water.
- Rub the rosemary sprig between your fingers to gently and easily “muddle” the rosemary. It should be fragrant. Garnish each glass with a rosemary sprig.
- Sip and enjoy!