Despite it being a heat wave this summer, I had this urge to bake in July. To be completely honest, I’m not entirely sure why I never posted this recipe. I think I wanted to try it again to perfect it, but I honestly think it’s fine as is. I wanted something still summery (cue the coconut) and something that would keep me sated (hence the almond butter). I wanted a cookie and snack hybrid and somehow stumbled upon Coconut Almond Butter Bites as my end product. Bam!
Ingredients (makes 20 small “bites”).
- 2/3 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 2 T coconut sugar
- Couple “shakes” of cinnamon
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1 T agave nectar or more to taste
- 1-2 T unsweetened almond milk (or more as needed to moisten dough)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or a Silpat mat.
- Combine coconut flour through agave nectar. Mix well with a fork. Add almond milk as needed to make ingredients less dry and to moisten dough.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet. The dough may crumble. If so, add a bit more almond milk and even some agave to help bind.
- Bake for about 8-10 min or until bites are firm and barely browning.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week.