Yesterday was a good day; a very solid assortment of food kind of day. Despite the blizzard pummeling the Northeast, Boston was graced with a couple inches to still have the feel of winter without being overwhelming. (Btw, thank GOD Boston was spared. We had enough snow last year to last a decade.) I went to the gym yesterday morning, but was saving my big meal for brunch to go with my roommate and one of my best friends from college. I needed something satisfying, savory and that would hold me until we commenced for brunch. Cue the Basil Sriracha Avocado Toast. We had a successful meal at The Tip Tap Room in Beacon Hill. We sipped on mimosas, Blood Maries (just Perin) & bourbon cocktails (see pictures below). We sampled the Everything Bagel Breakfast Sandwich, the Smoked Cheddar & Corn Griddle Cakes with Bacon Maple Syrup (they tasted like cornbread pancakes — delish) and the Tip Tap Signature Omelet packed with brie, asparagus and shiitake mushrooms (pictured below). Given it was snowing and we wanted to stay warm, I also concocted some Blizzard Sangria. Think a quick and easy cranberry and citrus sangria. To put the icing on the cake, toss in a slice of Ernesto’s Caprese pizza for dinner in the North End. Sounds like a good Saturday, right?
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 multigrain bagel thin (or bread of choice)
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado (how to find one here)
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, washed
- Toast bread of choice.
- Mash avocado onto toasted bread. (You can use half an avocado too. I used a fourth to make a snack out of this.)
- Drizzle with sriracha to taste and evenly distribute basil leaves.
Inspired by my Avocado Toast (with sea salt and red pepper flakes).
Blizzard Sangria (pictured below):
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3 cans Grapefruit Spiked Seltzer
- 3 cans Cranberry Spiked Seltzer
- 4 c unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
Basil Sriracha Avocado Toast
The Three Doshas (ginger/lemon infused bourbon, lemon juice, honey & mint) & a Bloody Mary with Spicy Pickles at The Tip Tap Room
The Signature (spicy home fries, an omelet with brie, asparagus & shiitake mushrooms, & toast) at The Tip Tap Room