In honor of Sunday brunch, I thought I’d share my typical Saturday and Sunday dish when I’m craving some eggs: Spicy Green Eggs. Quick, easy and full of flavor (thanks, sriracha). Pack in some creamy avocado, and you’re good to dare. I dare you not to devour these. [If you have trouble cooking eggs or don’t even know where to begin, BuzzFeed has a great rundown of how to cook the perfect eggs — fried, scrambled, poached and soft/hard boiled. With pictures and everything.]
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 2-3 egg whites (if using eggs, use 2 eggs)
- 2 pieces deli oven-roasted turkey, chopped
- 8-10 large baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 T shredded mozzarella, skim-based
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- Sriracha to taste
- Lightly grease a medium frying home and warm over medium heat.
- If using only egg whites, pour once pan is hot. If using just eggs or a combo of eggs/egg whites, then whisk in a bowl until blended before adding to hot pan. Add in turkey, spinach and cheese.
- Once eggs are just beginning to set, stir, moving the sides toward the center.
- After about 2-3 min, eggs should be cooked — firm but fluffy. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a plate and mix in avocado and season with sriracha to taste.
- Enjoy your egg perfection!
Using equal parts egg whites and whole eggs.
3 thoughts on “Sriracha Green Eggs (Sans Ham)”
These look wonderful!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! They’re sooooo good