I love Cauliflower Pizza Crust. This was another great Pinterest find. This recipe has been in my kitchen circulation for about 3 years now. Carbs have gotten such a bad rep, but I still like to dabble with different options like gluten-free. The only downside to this gluten-free curst is that it can be paaaaacked with cheese. Don’t get me wrong — I love cheese. It’s absolutely delicious, but I’m a firm believer in moderation. I cut back on the cheese and the crust was still a “crust.” I’ve cooked this crust many ways — on foil, on a pizza stone, directly on a baking sheet — and using the Silpat allowed for a crispy crust that perfectly browned on the bottom and was much more like a “true curst.” Who wants another slice?
Ingredients (serves 3-4).
For the Crust:
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 c shredded parmesan
- 1/3 c shredded mozzarella
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried oregano *
* NOTE: if you make a pure Italian pizza, add some oregano for flavor. However, if you want to make something more like a Kale Flatbread for instance, where oregano wouldn’t pair as well, then omit the herb for a more versatile crust.
For the Pizza:
- 1/4 c tomato sauce or enough to spread
- 1 link chicken sausage like sundried tomato and basil
- Kale, shredded
- Bell peppers, chopped
- Carrots, shredded
- More park and mozzarella to top
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat.
- Thaw cauliflower according to package directions. In a food processor or blender, “rice” cauliflower.Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. (Makes about 3 c of riced cauliflower.)
- Stir in all ingredients for crust. Mix well until all riced cauliflower is evenly coated with eggs and cheese.
- On the baking sheet and using your hands, evenly spread out cauliflower crust so the crust is the same thickness throughout. Bake for 15 min. until cooked throughout and beginning to brown. Remove from oven.
- Evenly spread tomato sauce on crust. Top with veggies, sausage and cheese. Place pizza under the broiler for about 5 min or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Cut pizza into slices and enjoy!
Adapted from Eat Drink Smile‘s “Cauliflower Crust Pizza.”