BuzzFeed is brilliant. I’m talking life hacks brilliant that are so painfully simple, they should’ve been obvious — like make not just one, but multiple smoothies at once to only have to clean your blender one time. AND when you clean the blender, fill it up with a third with warm water and a couple drops of dish soap and “blend” until foamy and clean. (Obviously you’ll need to rinse out the blender after.) AND you have breakfast taken care of for the week. I also tried and tweaked their version of a green breakfast smoothie and made my Banana Mango Green Smoothie. I definitely made three ahead of time to have for breakfast that week. Not skimping on protein, the Greek yogurt and Aloha’s plant-based protein jump in here to keep you full and satisfied. The kale was nonexistent because all you tasted was banana and mango. Winning? I think so.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 T nonfat plain Greek yogurt, heaping
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder like Aloha’s plant-based protein
- 1 banana
- 3-4 frozen peach slices
- 8-10 frozen mango chunks
- 1 c curly kale, loosely packed — how to easily remove stems here
Please Note: I have received products from Aloha in the past. I only post recipes with their products that I have made and loved myself.
- In a blender, add almond milk, yogurt, banana and kale as a base — it’ll be easiest to blend in that order. Add frozen fruit and kale. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a mason jar for easy storage and repeat as desired.
- Store in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for longer. (If freezing, use plasticware.)
- Sip and enjoy!
Adapted from BuzzFeed Food‘s “Coconut, Fruit, and Greens Smoothie” by Natalie Brown.