Thank God for Maine lobstah — Lobster Tortellini with Sautéed Summer Veggies. I kept it simple with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, red pepper and parmesan. This would also work well with some butter and/or fresh parsley. The heirloom tomatoes were bursting with flavor and color — the perfect addition and perfectly in season. Because the lobster was leftover from the Fourth of July and already steamed and picked clean, this dish was super easy to assemble.
Ingredients (serves 2).
- 1 lobster (1½ lb), cooked and meat picked clean
- 1 c tortellini, cooked
- 2 t extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t fresh lemon juice
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 c heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium yellow squash, grated
- 4 c baby spinach
- 1/8 c grated parmesan
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil, garlic and tomatoes over medium heat; sauté until tender. Stir in baby spinach and continuing sautéing until wilted.
- Mix in cooked lobster, tortellini, fresh lemon juice, parmesan, red pepper and salt/pepper to taste. Add more olive oil if needed. Remove from heat.
- Plate and enjoy!