Need a way to consume all of that end-of-the-summer zucchini? These Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats will complete your life. I lightened these bad boys up with cauliflower, zucchini and celery to the buff chic mix and paired with my healthy (or at least healthier) Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing. Cut down on time and use the meat of a plain, roasted rotisserie chicken. It’s ok to indulge every once in a while, especially when it’s roasted chicken and veggies. So have one boats — or two!
Ingredients (makes 6 boats; serving is 1-2 boats).
- 3 medium to large zucchinis, washed
- 1½ c chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 c frozen cauliflower, thawed and loosely chopped
- 1/2 c celery, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 c buffalo sauce
- 6 T blue cheese
- Celery ribbons to garnish (optional)
- Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice zucchinis in half. Scoop out the middle of the zucchini so a “boat” forms. Save the scooped out portion from one zucchini (two halves) and place in a large bowl. Line each boat on the baking sheet.
- Add shredded chicken, cauliflower and celery to large bowl with scooped out zucchini. Add buffalo sauce and toss until chicken and veggies are evenly coated.
- Spoon buffalo mixture into each boat and sprinkle 1 T blue cheese per boat.
- Bake boats for 10-15 min. or until zucchini is tender. Remove from oven.
- Top boats with celery ribbons. (To make: use a vegetable peeler to shave the entire length of the stalk to create a ribbon.) Serve with extra celery sticks (optional) and 1-2 T of Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing. (Recipe here.)
Adapted from Destination Delish‘s “Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats.”