I’ll keep this one short and sweet. I tried Starbucks’ Iced Coconut Milk (Caramel) Macchiato this summer and I was hooked. I prefer it not mocha or caramel, even though both are worth the indulgence. Since it’s going to be 60°F in Boston today (crazy, right?!), thought I’d indulge in a homemade coffee treat post-spin. I didn’t have espresso, so I brewed strong cup of coffee instead, layered over unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened better half (coconut cream & almond milk creamer) from Califia Farms and added a dash of agave. I think next time, I’ll leave it bitter & unsweetened, but regardless, this Copycat Starbucks Iced Coconut Macchiato is the perfectly creamy & decadent drink 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 [UPDATE: this caffeinated drink was featured on the feedfeed — check it out!]
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 c strong brewed coffee, chilled (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- 1/3 c unsweetened, light coconut milk
- 1 T unsweetened coconut/almond milk creamer (I used Califia Farms)
- 1/2 t agave to sweeten (optional — or sweetener of choice)
- If you haven’t already, brew your cup of coffee or espresso and place in freezer to chill. I brewed my cup the night before and popped it in the fridge.
- In a tall glass, fill 3/4 with ice.
- Add coconut milk, cream and sweetener (optional — sugar dissolves much better in hot liquids, so you can always add this immediately to the coffee and then chill the coffee). Stir well.
- Layer the coffee over the coconut milk.
- Pop in a straw an enjoy!
Inspired by Starbucks.