Happy FriYAY!! Guys, I loved the Copycat Starbucks Iced Coconut Milk Macchiato version so much I decided to make a cinnamon version. The timing was a bit ironic since Starbucks literally released the exact same version. I can honestly say I haven’t tried the Starbucks version, but mine is still pretty damn good. I brewed Starbucks cinnamon dolce coffee and used an almond milk base since that’s what I usually have in my fridge. Almond milk has a “thinner” consistency than coconut milk, so the macchiato just has a different depth, but all the flavors. I dusted the layers with cinnamon sugar from my trusty cinnamon sugar bear. Excuse me while I go sip on my Cinnamon Dolce Almond Milk Macchiato.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 c strong brewed cinnamon dolce coffee, chilled (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- 1/3 c unsweetened, almond milk
- 1 T unsweetened almond creamer (I used Califia Farms)
- 1/2 t agave to sweeten (optional — or sweetener of choice)
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 T cinnamon
- If you haven’t already, brew your cup of cinnamon coffee or espresso and place in freezer to chill. I brewed my cup the night before and popped it in the fridge.
- In a tall glass, fill 3/4 with ice.
- Add almond milk, cream and sweetener (optional — sugar dissolves much better in hot liquids, so you can always add this immediately to the coffee and then chill the coffee). Dust this layer with cinnamon sugar. Stir well.
- Layer the coffee over the almond milk.
- Pop in a straw an enjoy!
Adapted from my Copycat Starbucks Iced Coconut Milk Macchiato.