I haven’t made overnight oats in a while and I must say, what a way to get back in the game. It’s (hopefully) getting warmer with spring officially trying to make its way into the New England weather and the daylight slowly growing longer. Although I usually grab cinnamon and vanilla for breakfast items and/or smoothies, this was different. The combo of raspberries, cranberries, and spices were great. Served hot or cold — you choose just how to enjoy Cinnamon Vanilla Berry Overnight Oats.
Ingredients (serves 1).
For the Oats:
- 1/2 c, old-fashioned oats
- 1 t chia seeds
- 1 T unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder (like Aloha) *
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
* Please note: this post is not endorsed by Aloha, but I have received their products in the past. I only post recipes using things I love, and I just happen to love their protein powder.
- 1/4 c frozen raspberries
- 1 T unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 t pumpkin seeds
- In a sealable jar, combine dry ingredients — oats through cinnamon — and mix well.
- Top with vanilla and milk and again stir well so the milk is evenly distributed.
- Add toppings now or when ready to serve. Either way, cover oats and chill overnight in the fridge.
- Serve cold or heat up to enjoy warm!