Who said you need to buy sweetened yogurt when you can make your own, even better, Banana Walnut Parfait? Flavored yogurt tends to have as much as 25 g of sugar PER SERVING.Don’t believe me? Check out Yogurt With More Sugar Than a Twinkie via Huffington Post. A delicious snack, light breakfast or dessert, this parfait has less added sugar using plain Greek yogurt as a base, adding only a pinch of agave nectar and plays off of the banana’s natural sweetness.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 c non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 t agave nectar
- 10 banana slices (about 1/2 medium banana)
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 1 t unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a small bowl or cup, add 1/4 c of yogurt. Top with 1/4 to 1/2 t of agave (0r another sweetener), 5 banana slices, 1 T chopped walnuts and 1/2 t coconut flakes. Dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Repeat for the next layer.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Check out other parfaits.
- Berry Parfait — swap the overnight oat layers for yogurt
- Pumpkin Pie Parfait
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote Parfait with Lemon Zest