I found myself making easy, simply omelets in the mornings to use up copious amounts of veggies in my fridge and have been experimenting with different combos. Place omelets are satisfying and oh-so-filling. I’d like to call this one the Simplest Omelet because I found myself making it again and again. I tossed in carrots and spinach with a dash of grated parmesan. I really like sweet, savory and spicy combos. The cranberry or cinnamon raisin English muffin touches on the sweet, the parmesan in the omelet is savory and sriracha adds the spice. Plus, this is a 5 min. breakfast — winning!
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 2-3 eggs (or 3 egg whites) *
- 1-2 T unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 t coconut oil
- 1/4 c matchstick carrots
- 1/2 c packed baby spinach
- 2 t grated parmesan
- Sriracha to taste — I like a lot!
- Salt to taste
- English muffin or toast to serve (optional)
*Note: add more eggs as needed; I’m using this number of eggs to feed a 26 year old female, eating about 1500-1800 calories/day. Adjust to fit your own dietary and protein needs!
- In a frying pan or skillet or medium heat, heat coconut oil in pan so pan is well greased and oil is distributed.
- While pan heats, whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add carrots and spinach and sauté until spinach is wilted. Then pour eggs into hot pan. Once just firm, sprinkle with parmesan cheese (option).
- When the omelet is just firm, carefully flip and allow to cook for 30 sec to 1 min.
- Remove from heat and top with sriracha, salt and pepper. Serve with an English muffin or toast.
- Sip your coffee and enjoy!