My summer semester is right around the corner. While we have most Fridays off, I’m not looking forward to being gone from 6 am to 9 pm on some days for class and clinical. I’ve been looking at meal preps to ease through the day and free up my mornings, and overnight oats, smoothies or quiche are my go-to. I made these overnight oats during finals last month, and I’ve been prepping Chocolate Almond Coconut Overnight Oats ever since. Chocolate gives a nice decadent burst and the combo of almonds, almond extract, coconut milk and coconut flakes all give a fun twist on your morning. Happy meal prep!
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 c oats
- 1/2 scoop (1 T) vanilla protein powder
- 1 T unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 T nondairy chocolate chips like Ghirardelli semisweet chips
- 5 raw almonds, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 t almond extract
- Coconut milk (unsweetened) or milk of choice
- 2 raw almonds, chopped
- Extra chocolate chips
- Extra unsweetened coconut flakes
- Agave to taste (optional)
- Fresh strawberries to top
- In a jar or sealable container, add oats through almonds. Mix well.
- Stir in almond extract and coconut milk and mix well until wet ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cover container jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with extra milk (if needed) and coconut flakes, chocolate chips, almonds and fresh strawberries. Drizzle with agave (optional).
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Nutrition for 1 serving.
347 calories • 16.2 g fat (37%) • 48.7 g carbs (49%) • 13.4 g protein (14%) • 4.5 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.