I love spiralized sweet potato. It makes the most under-rated noodles. I saw a write-up for easy pasta dishes on BuzzFeed for one with arugula, EVOO and parmesan from Gimme Some Oven. (At this point, we can admit I’m a BuzzFeed addict. I receive a biweekly food letter from them, so that never discourages my addiction.) I still have quite a bit of arugula from Arugula Cilantro Pesto, so I decided to make this with arugula, pesto, cannellini beans and sweet potato noodles. It’s easy and savory. Drizzle a little extra EVOO and toss with parm and this Arugula & Parmesan Sweet Potato Pasta is your next Meatless Monday dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4 with about 2 c servings).
- 6-8 c spiralized sweet potato (from 1 very large or 2 medium) — see last photo for about 3/4 of the of noodles I spiralized!
- 1 T light olive oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2-3 t minced garlic
- 1 can (13.5 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c fresh arugula
- 1/4 c Arugula Cilantro Pesto
- EVOO, divided (optional)
- Freshly shaved parmesan to top
- Red pepper flakes
- In a large wok or sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Once hot, sauté onions until tender. Stir in garlic and beans and cook 2-3 min.
- Fold in fresh arugula and pesto. Once pesto is well distributed, add spiraled sweet potato and use tong to toss noodles in pesto. Keep noodles al dente by tossing and sautéing for 3-4 min.
- Plate pesto noodles. Top with freshly shaved parmesan (I used a vegetable peeler on a block of parm), red pepper flakes and drizzle with 1-3 t of EVOO depending on taste.
- Grab a spoon to twirl and enjoy!
Inspired by Gimme Some Oven‘s “Linguine with Arugula, Garlic and Parmesan” & a spin off of my Vegetarian Sweet Potato “Spaghetti.”