I think I found my new cheat brownie recipe. These Five Ingredient Protein Brownies grain free, contains no refined sugar and has a bit o’ protein. Plus it hits the spot when you want a brownie without having a real brownie, so it’s like a guilownie — a “guilt-free brownie” obviously. I’ve really enjoyed making protein muffins lately, so I thought why not try something similar with desserts?
Ingredients (makes 16 brownies; serving of 1 brownie).
- 2 c mashed bananas (from about 4 medium, very ripe bananas)
- 1 c PB2 with 1/2 c warm/hot water *
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 c plant-based vanilla protein powder
* Note: you can also substitute 1 c peanut butter for PB2/water. I just prefer PB2’s milder peanut taste over peanut butter.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or grease baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix mashed bananas, PB2, water and vanilla. Mix well until peanut butter forms, the powder dissolves and bananas completely are mixed in.
- Stir in cocoa powder and protein powder until smooth batter forms.
- Transfer to baking pan. Bake for 18-22 min or until toothpick comes out clean and brownies are firm.
- Cool on a wire rack to let brownies solidify even more before cutting.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Adapted from Gimme Delicious‘s “4 Ingredient Fudge Protein Brownies.”
Nutrition for 1 Brownie.
81 calories • 1.6 g fat (16%) • 10.5 g carbs (46%) • 8.6 g protein (38%) • 4.1 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.