Pizza for breakfast? Yes, please. Dish me up. I had previously made a breakfast pizza with turkey bacon and a sweet potato crust, so I obviously had to switch things up with a chicken sausage pizza made with a zucchini crust. I was pleasantly surprised that this crust stayed as a crust. (It holds up a little less well when reheated, but still keeps its shape.) This is an easy, fun breakfast or brunch option. Pour the coffee (or those mimosas) and enjoy Zucchini Crust Breakfast Pizza.
Ingredients (serves 3).
- 1 zucchini pizza crust — recipe here
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/2 link of bratwurst chicken sausage, sliced
- 2-3 T matchstick carrots
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1-2 T freshly grated parmesan
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Make the crust here.
- Turn oven down to 400º F.
- Top crust with tomatoes, carrots and chicken sausage, spreading toppings out as far as you’d like to make your crust to be.
- Carefully crack eggs over the pizza. Top with freshly grated parmesan.
- Bake for 8-12 min depending on your yolk doneness. Regardless of the yolk, you want the egg whites to be firm and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool 2-3 min before slicing into 6 pieces.
- Top slices with red pepper flakes and extra parm (optional).
Crust adapted from Gluten-Free Homemaker‘s “Zucchini Pizza Crust.” Pizza inspired by my Sweet Potato Crust Breakfast Pizza.
Nutrition for 1 serving (2 slices).
221 calories • 13.9 g fat (56%) • 8.1 g carbs (14%) • 16.9 g protein (30%) • 3.5 g sugar
*These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.