I recently ordered a cold brew infuser from Amazon. Over 1,300 people recommended it and it has not disappointed. The coffee is strong and perfectly cold brewed. Plus, it’s easy to use and store. I’ve made this coffee smoothie before using chilled coffee brewed in a traditional way. Using cold brew was so much better; it’s stronger, darker and maintains that classic bitter coffee taste in this Healthy Coffee Frappuccino. At Starbucks, the Grande (16 oz) Coffee or Coffee Light Frappuccinos contains 23-50 g of sugar (whaaaaat!?). This version is naturally sweetened with frozen bananas and a dash of agave. It’s frosty, tasty and satisfies your iced coffee cravings!
Ingredients (makes one 16 oz drink).
- 2 oz (1/4 c) unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 8 oz (1 c) cold brew coffee
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 T plant-based vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 t agave
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and protein powder if using. Blend until smooth. Add ice as needed for that frappuccino consistency.
- Pour smoothie into your favorite glass and add a straw.
- Sip and enjoy!
Nutrition for 1 smoothie (including protein powder).
110 calories • 1.6 g fat (11%) • 23 g carbs (69%) • 6.7 g protein (20%) • 6.2 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.