Whole Foods has had a figs sale for the last few weeks and it’s been fantastic. (Perhaps “figtastic” is a better choice?) In honor of meal prep Monday, here’s Figs & Pecans Overnight Oats. Overnight oats are some of my meal prep favorites, especially in the summer because it’s just as good cold. It’s also quite easy to throw together and uses summer’s fruit produce: figs, strawberries and rhubarb to natural sweeten your no hassle breakfast.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 t chia seeds
- 2 T plant-based vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2/3 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 T strawberry rhubarb compote
- 1 T chopped pecans
- 1-2 fresh figs, chopped
- In a sealable jar, combine oats, chia seeds and protein powder (if using) and mix well.
- Top milk and again stir well so the milk is evenly distributed. Refrigerate overnight.
- The morning of, stir in compote. Top with chopped figs and pecans.
- Serve cold or heat up to enjoy warm!
Nutrition for 1 serving (including protein powder).
386 calories • 13.1 g fat (29%) • 54 g carbs (52%) • 19.5 g protein (19%) • 18.6 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.