I’ve been a little sick of grain bowls and salads and have been craving a hearty (but healthy!) bowl of pasta. And not just any bowl of pasta. I’d had my share of pesto and marinara. Can you blame a girl for wanting some twirling action? I have Greek yogurt to make some Caesar dressing, so I obviously needed a pseudo Alfredo kind of noodles to satisfy my craving. This Creamy Greek Yogurt Pasta is packed with protein from the Greek yogurt and chicken combo, while still being rich and tangy without weighing you down.
Ingredients (serves 2).
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta *
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 to 1/4 t garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 c chopped spinach
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan
- 2/3 c rotisserie chicken, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to top (optional)
* NOTE: I used two servings of angel hair according to the package’s serving size and nutrition label.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat broth and onions over medium heat. Whisk and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking for 1-2 min to allow onions to tenderize. Remove heat and let sit for 2 min.
- While still off heat, whisk in yogurt, garlic, salt and pepper. Once a smooth sauce forms, whisk in Parmesan and spinach. Reduce heat to low, place pan back over heat and stir constantly until Parmesan melts into the sauce — about 3-4 min.
- Do NOT let sauce come to a simmer or boil! This may cause it to curdle.
- While you make the sauce, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with sauce and diced chicken.
- Divide pasta between two dishes, top with extra parm (optional) and red pepper flakes.
- Grab a spoon to twirl and enjoy!
Adapted from Cook the Story’s “Greek Yogurt Alfred Sauce.”
Nutrition for 1 serving.
440 calories • 8.2 g fat (18%) • 48.1 g carbs (46%) • 38 g protein (36%) • 4.2 g sugar
These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.