Happy meal prep! Class is about to start up again after a two week hiatus. Having 9 am to 9 pm class on Mondays is going to be a wee bit rough, so obviously I need some new muffins in my life. I concocted a batch of Almond Peach Protein Muffins since I love fresh, ripe, juicy peaches with almond extract in the summer. Topped with a little brown sugar and chopped almonds, the muffins aren’t overly sweet and hit the spot with just a hint of summer as we move to the fall.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins; serving of 1-2 muffins).
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 T agave nectar
- 3/4 c plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 ripe peach, diced
- 7-8 raw whole almonds
- 1/2 T brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin pan with liners (because I’m lazy and hate cleaning muffin pans).
- In a medium bowl, mash banana. Whisk in egg, almond milk, agave, almond extract and vanilla until a smooth batter forms.
- In a small blender or food processor, grind oats into a flour. Transfer oat flour to the wet ingredients along with protein powder, almond flour and baking powder and mix well. Fold in diced peaches.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins so the tin is 3/4 full.
- Carefully and roughly chop whole almonds and mix with brown sugar. Sprinkle on top of muffins for a pseudo-Streusel topping.
- Bake 18-22 min. Muffins should be firm and a toothpick will come out clean when done. Cool on a wire rack.
Inspired by my Piña Colada Protein Muffins. Check out other protein muffins here.
Nutrition for 1 muffin.
80 calories • 2.7 g fat (30%) • 8.9 g carbs (43%) • 5.5 g protein (27%) • 4 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.