I just finished a hot and muggy run today and was debating spending money at Starbucks, but also craving my coffee smoothie. But it’s September now, so I can’t just have any coffee smoothie, but the fall version. I have some pumpkin spice protein powder, so I coupled that with cold brew pumpkin spice coffee and a bit of pumpkin pie spice. (Let’s see how many more times I can say “pumpkin pie spice” in one sentence.) They’re all blended together into the perfect Starbucks copycat Healthy Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino.
Ingredients (makes one 16 oz drink).
- 2 oz (1/4 c) unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 8 oz (1 c) Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice coffee, cold brewed *
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 scoop plant-based pumpkin spice protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 t agave
- 1/8 t pumpkin pie spice
- 4-6 ice cubes
* NOTE: if you can’t or don’t want to cold brew your coffee, you can always brew it your preferred method and chill it ahead of time. You can also use any coffee of choice, but you may need to add more pumpkin pie spice to taste then.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and protein powder if using. Blend until smooth. Add ice as needed for that frappuccino consistency.
- Pour smoothie into your favorite glass and add a straw. Sprinkle a bit more pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Sip and enjoy!
Adapted from my Healthy Coffee Smoothie. PS: like the copper jigger? Check out more pure copper barware here!
Nutrition for 1 smoothie (including protein powder).
160 calories • 2.5 g fat (14%) • 19.3 g carbs (47%) • 16.2 g protein (39%) • 8.5 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.