Deconstructed Chicken Caesar Wrap — what’s up? I made this late summer around the same time I went to Nantucket with my friends Leah and Steph. For some reason, it got lost in the potential blog post limbo. I saw Leah Saturday night and she was craving a Caesar salad for dinner, and I remembered this post was lost in limbo. This version of a Caesar “salad” is light, fresh and perfectly chopped. I love my salads chopped now after this is how they were prepped in college. This is totally optional, but so much more fun. I also looooooove this dressing I found a few years ago; it’s creamy because of the Greek yogurt, but still tastes just like Caesar dressing. Adding a little naan on the side makes this salad seem like a wrap without actually having the wrap.
Ingredients (serves 2).
- 4 romaine leaves, thinly chopped
- 2 c spinach, packed and thinly chopped
- 2 T shredded parmesan
- 2 to 3 T Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 mini cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 c matchstick carrots
- 1 c rotisserie chicken, chopped
- Black pepper
- 1 whole wheat naan (like Whole Foods)
- In a medium bowl, toss romaine, spinach, parmesan and 2 T dressing until dressing is well distributed. Add an additional tablespoon of dressing if needed.
- Top with avocado and cucumber slices, shredded carrots and diced chicken. Top with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve with warmed naan.
Nutrition for 1 of 2 servings salad.
428 calories • 21.6 g fat (45%) • 32.8 g carbs (31%) • 25.8 g protein (24%) • 5.8 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.