I’m not sure why I haven’t posted these yet. I love Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. They’re low carb, so much easier than normal mashed potatoes and taste like the real deal. I used frozen riced cauliflower since that was the easiest for me, but any type will do. Just cook the cauliflower, mix in cottage cheese for creaminess and then garlic and EVOO for flavor. Blend them together and viola! Mashed “potatoes.”
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 1 package cauliflower rice, about 3 c *
- 1/4 c low-fat cottage cheese
- 1-2 T unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 to 1 t extra virgin olive oil + extra for serving
- 1/8 to 1/4 t garlic powder to taste
- Salt to taste
* NOTE: you can use a raw cauliflower head or frozen cauliflower florets. Just cook/steam them and make sure they yield 3 c or adjust proportions accordingly.
- Cook riced cauliflower according to package directions. Drain any excess water.
- Add cottage cheese, 1 T milk, EVOO and 1/8 t garlic powder. Purée with an immersion blender (or mash), adding milk as needed. Season with salt and garlic to taste.
- Drizzle with EVOO and season with black pepper before serving. Serving is 3/4 c.
Adapted from Food Faith Fitness‘s “Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with 5 Ingredients.”
Nutrition for 3/4 c (or 1 of 4 servings).
37 calories • 1 g fat (20%) • 4.8 g carbs (46%) • 3.5 g protein (34%) • 2 g fiber • 2.5 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.